Monday, September 12, 2011

Domingo Ayala is welcomed comedy relief for a sometimes stuffy game

  I'm a baseball guy. Loved the sport since I was little and played it as long as I could.
  But the game can be a bit stuffy – kind of stuck up.
  I'm part of the problem. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the game. I don't want to see replays. I respect the baseball code.
  With that being said, I came across this character named Domingo Ayala thanks to NMJC coach Josh Simpson earlier this summer. He showed me Ayala's "Hitting A Home Run" YouTube "instructional" video (which I've posted).
  I was laughing so hard I nearly cried. I went home that night and watched every video (such as "Hitting for Average",  "Playing Catch for a Scout" and "Base Stealing") and was in stitches.
  I know it's football season in Lea County and I should be blogging about this week's Hobbs game (which I'll do later in the week) or something along those lines, but I ran across his new video with the University of Tennessee strength and conditioning coach and Ayala, got a good chuckle out of it and thought I'd share the laughter.
  Enjoy.