Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The break is over, the blog is back

  With baseball season coming to a close in May, I decided to take a bit of a break from this blog to relax and not worry about giving out extra content (I don't get paid anything extra for doing this blog).
  But with a few months away from the blog and a two-week vacation from the newspaper under my belt this summer, I'm geared up and ready to get this thing rolling again.
  Hopefully this school year I'll add even more photos and videos of where I'm covering games along with more extra content (along with my Sunday columns from the Hobbs News-Sun that I'll post likely on Tuesday or Wednesday - I got to give the subscribers of the News-Sun first crack at that content).
  Please remember, this blog is just a slice of the content myself and News-Sun sportswriter Brad Cox provide at the Hobbs News-Sun. If you're a fan of Hobbs, Lovington, Eunice, Jal or Tatum - you'll want an online subscription to the Hobbs News-Sun (call 575-393-2123 if you're interested).
  While it's a bit slow now, Aug. 5 things will be gearing up as football practices begin and we plan on making it out to each school at least once during that week. Also, the PRCA Lea County Fair and Rodeo begins that week, so if you're a rodeo fan - we'll have you covered.
  Later this week, we'll be at 7-on-7 events in Carlsbad (Thursday - Lovington only) and Portales (Friday - Hobbs and Lovington) along with covering the Hobbs Nite League playoffs (Thursday and Friday) and the Nite League Showcase (Saturday).